The SonoSite M-Turbo portable ultrasound system is a versatile, digital, and software controlled device. This portable and innovative system has numerous configurations and features sets used to obtain and display real-time, high-resolution ultrasound images used for abdominal, nerve, superficial, vascular, cardiac, venous access, and pelvic views. With its clear and sharp contrast, the M Turbos is known for its image quality. These features improve the visual detail to help differentiate structures, vessels, and pathology. Whether abdominal, vascular, cardiac, small parts, musculoskeletal, the SonoSite M-Turbo optimizes image resolution for high-quality exams.
Armed and equipped with some of Sonosite's advanced imaging enhancing technology, the Sonosite M-Turbo can project enhanced images for a variety of applications using SonoAdapt Tissue Optimization (similar to THI - Tissue Harmonic Imaging), SonoHD Imaging Technology and SonoMB Multi-beam imaging. With a variety of probes specially designed for the M-Turbo (any Sonosite probe that ends with "X", the C11X for example), and compatible with a rolling stand to turn an otherwise portable unit into a stationary secure one, the M-Turbo is economical, reliable and a state of the art unit.
Sonosite M-Turbo Features and Specificities:
- Weight: 6.7 lb (without battery and transducer)
- Dimensions: 11.9″ L x 10.8″ W x 3.1″H
- Display: 10.4″ diagonal LCD (NTSC or PAL)
- SonoADAPT™ Tissue Optimization
- SonoHD™ Imaging Technology
- SonoMB™ Multi-beam Imaging
- Onboard Image and Clip Storage/Review
- Capture quality video clips up to 60 seconds long
- All-digital architecture
- Multiple configurations & available feature sets
- On-screen options for adjusting settings
Compatible Ultrasound Probes / Transducers:
- Sonosite C11X Curved Array Probe
- Sonosite C60X Curved Array Probe
- Sonosite C8X Endocavitary Probe
- Sonosite HFL38X Linear Array Probe
- Sonosite HFL50X Linear Array Probe
- Sonosite ICTX Intracavitary Probe
- Sonosite L25X Linear Array Probe
- Sonosite L38X Linear Array Probe
- Sonosite P10X Phased Array Probe
- Sonosite P21X Phased Array Probe
- Sonosite SLAX Hockey Stick Array Probe
Great question! The Sonosite portable ultrasound machines each have special probes that are designed and engineered specifically for that system. The Sonosite M-Turbo's probes all end with "X" such as the L38x probe.
SonoAdapt Tissue Optimization is Sonosite's version of Tissue Harmonic Imaging. THI (or Tissue Harmonic Imaging), essentially, functions the same way as a regular ultrasound image except the sound waves travel through and echo tissues instead of organs or other internal structures.
Absolutely. If you don't require a rolling cart, or have one already, you can purchase an M-Turbo for a discounted price.